How to Report Your AscendEx (BitMax) Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with AscendEx to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for AscendEx
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from AscendEx to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from AscendEx today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your AscendEx account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Hover over the user icon in the top header, and click ‘API Setting’.
- Click ‘New API Key’.
- Give your API key a name, check ‘View’ for Permission, and enter your email verification code and 2FA code.
- Click ‘Generate API Key’.
- Copy your Public Key and API Secret Key to Coinpanda.
Note that AscendEx only allows for data export for the past 3 months from their API. If you have transactions older than that, you will need to upload a CSV file with older transactions as well to calculate your taxes accurately.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Hover over ‘My Order’ in the top header, and click ‘Cash Orders’’.
- Click ‘Request to Export’.
- Click ‘My Exported Files’.
- Click ‘Download’ when the file is ready.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
Note that AscendEx only allows for data export for the past 3 months. If you have transactions from before that date, try contacting AscendEx customer support for a full historical CSV file. You can import the historical transactions to Coinpanda as well.