How to Report Your BitBay Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with BitBay to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for BitBay
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using an API key. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API key and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from BitBay to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from BitBay today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your BitBay account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the BitBay website.
- Log in to your account, then create API keys from the API page.
- Activate ‘History’ for key permissions.
- Copy your API keys to Coinpanda.
November 22nd, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the BitBay API integration. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your BitBay wallet prior to this date.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
There should be a button for exporting your entire transaction history from BitBay as a CSV file. When you have this ready, simply import the file into Coinpanda to generate your tax report.