Share this article →
How to Report Your Bitfinex Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Bitfinex to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Bitfinex
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Bitfinex to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Bitfinex today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Realized PnL (Margin)|
|Realized PnL (Futures)|
|Funding Costs (Futures)|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Bitfinex account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the API page by hovering over the user icon in the top right corner, and then click ‘API Keys’.
- Click ‘Create New Key’.
- Keep the default permissions unchanged (all read permissions enabled).
- Enter a label for your API key, and then click ‘Generate API key’.
- Enter your 2FA code if necessary.
- Check your email and confirm the new API key from the verification email sent from Bitfinex.
- Copy your ‘API key’ and ‘API key secret’ to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the Reports page by hovering over the user icon in the top right corner, and then click ‘Reports’.
- Click on ‘Ledgers’ in the left menu at the top.
- Click the calendar icon in the top left corner. Select a date range for the transactions you want to export.
- Click ‘Export’ and select ‘YY-MM-DD’ under Date Format.
- Click the ‘Export’ button.
- You will receive your CSV file by email. Save the file and then upload it to Coinpanda.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.