Share this article →
How to Report Your Bitrue Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Bitrue to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Bitrue
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Bitrue to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Bitrue today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Deposits and Withdrawals|
Import trades automatically with API
Bitrue requires trading access in order to provide data for your historical trades from the API. Because of this, we do NOT recommend using this API. However, if you decide to do, you must be aware that all your funds will be at risk and you should delete the API keys after importing all transactions to Coinpanda. Requiring trading access is a bug in Bitrue’s API software and you can contact their support so that they can fix this in the future.
To add your Bitrue account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Log in to Bitrue, click your username in the top-right corner, then click ‘Account’.
- Select the ‘API’ tab on the left side.
- Click ‘Create API key’.
- Give your keys a name (ex: Coinpanda) and click ‘Create API key’.
- Enter your 2FA code and click ‘Confirm’.
- Click the link in the email received to confirm creating the API keys.
- Copy the API Key and API Secret to Coinpanda.
- Next, select ‘Trading Available’ and ‘Not limited to any IP’.
NB! Make sure to read the warning above carefully!
Transactions can only be imported if you activate full trading access.
- Click ‘Save Settings’, enter your 2FA code and click ‘Confirm’.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
Deposits and Withdrawals:
- Click ‘Assets’ in the top menu and then ‘Balance Logs’.
- Select ‘Deposit’, ‘All’ for Coin, and a time period. Then click ‘Search’.
- Download the CSV file, and then repeat the previous step also for ‘Withdraw’.
- Upload your CSV file(s) to Coinpanda.
- Click ‘Assets’ in the top menu and then ‘Order History’.
- Select a time period that includes all your orders, then click ‘Search’.
- Download the CSV file.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
It does look like Bitrue has deactivated the functionality for exporting CSV files of deposits, withdrawals, and order history. We suggest therefore to contact Bitrue customer support and request a CSV export if you need this.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.