How to Report Your Bitstamp Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Bitstamp to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Bitstamp
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Bitstamp to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Bitstamp today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Bitstamp account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Open the Bitstamp API page by clicking the user icon in the top-right corner, then ‘Settings’, and then ‘API access’ found under the ‘Access control’ section.
- Click ‘New API key’ and enable permissions only for ‘Account balance’ and ‘User transactions’.
- Click ‘Enter 2FA & Submit’ and enter your 2FA code when asked.
- Click the ‘Activate’ button
- Confirm the API key via the verification email.
- Copy your API key and API secret to Coinpanda.
November 9th, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the Bitstamp API integration. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your Bitstamp wallet prior to this date.
Coinpanda will import a single transaction for each completed order instead of individual trade transactions. This is done to make it easier to verify the accuracy of the transactions imported and to reduce the total calculation time. You will therefore see fewer transactions imported into your Coinpanda account compared to other similar tax platforms or portfolio trackers.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the Transactions page by clicking the user icon in the top-right corner, then ‘Activity’, and then ‘Transaction history’ in the left sidebar.
- Click ‘Export’ and then click the ‘Export All’ button (bottom of the page) to save the CSV file to your computer.
- Upload the CSV file to Coinpanda.