Share this article →
How to Report Your BTC Markets Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with BTC Markets to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for BTC Markets
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from BTC Markets to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from BTC Markets today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your BTC Markets account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Click your email address in the top-right corner, then select the ‘API Key’ tab.
- Click the ‘Generate API Key’ button.
- If applicable, enter your 2FA code.
- Click ‘Display’ to reveal the secret key.
- Copy the API Key and Secret Key to Coinpanda.
November 11th, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the BTC Markets API integration. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your BTC Markets wallet prior to this date.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to ‘Buy / Sell’ from your account, and click on ‘Trade History’.
- Click on ‘Trade History’.
- Click on the ‘Export to CSV’ button.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.