Supported transaction types
To calculate your taxes accurately, you must import all transactions from Bybit to Coinpanda. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Bybit today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Realized PnL (Futures)|
|Funding Costs (Futures)|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys or the ability to move your funds.
To add your Bybit account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Hover over the user icon in the top-right corner and select ‘API’
- Click ‘Create New Key’
- Keep the ‘API Transaction’ option selected, give your key a name (Ex: Coinpanda), and select ‘No IP restriction’
- Select all the options below for ‘Permission’ and click ‘Submit’
- Enter the email verification code and 2FA code, then click ‘Confirm’
- Copy the API Key and API Secret to Coinpanda
The API keys created will automatically expire after three months. After this period, you will need to create new API keys to sync new transactions to your Coinpanda wallet. If you get an error after syncing, please check that the API keys are still active before contacting Coinpanda support.
Spot trades can only be imported from the last year (365 days). You will need to upload a CSV file in addition in case you have older spot trades than this.
The Bybit API reports realized pnl only once daily at midnight UTC. You might see a negative balance warning on the Transactions page if you have either withdrawn or sold a coin before it was credited to your account. The solution to this problem is changing the timestamp for either the Realized P&L or the Trade/Send/Withdrawal transaction so they will be arranged in the correct order.
In the example below, we will need to change the timestamp of either the Receive (Realized P&L) or Trade transaction so that they appear in the reverse order.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
The best way to export your history from Bybit is to request a complete data export:
Request Data Export
- Log in to your Bybit account and click on ‘Help Center’ in the footer
- Click on ‘Submit Case’ in the top header
- In the first dropdown, select ‘Bybit account login, KYC and other requests’
- In the next dropdown, select ‘Data export request’
- Click ‘Yes’
- Copy + paste the following into the first field:
‘Assets history, closed profits and losses, spot trade history‘
- Enter a date range covering all your transactions, CSV format, your UID, email address
- Copy + paste the following into the last field:
‘I need a complete data export of my transaction history for tax purposes. Please provide the requested reports for all years I have traded on Bybit‘
- Click on Submit, and wait for the files to be sent to your email address
- Upload the CSV file(s) to Coinpanda when you have received the reports
While we have support for all three files, we recommend uploading only the Assets history CSV file, which contains your entire transaction history for both spot and derivatives.
If you have not received the reports after waiting five days, you can contact Bybit customer support via their live chat or email support.
You will also need to upload the Earn History CSV file since Bybit Earn transactions are not included in the Assets history CSV file.
- Hover over ‘Assets’ and select ‘Earn’
- Click ‘History’ in the top-right corner
- Click ‘Export’
- Select ‘Customize’ and specify a time period. The maximum date range is six months, so you may need multiple CSV files to export your entire transaction history.
- Click ‘Export’ and download the file when ready
- Upload the CSV file(s) to Coinpanda