Share this article →
How to Report Your Bybit Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Bybit to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Bybit
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Bybit to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Bybit today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Realized PnL (Futures)|
|Funding Costs (Futures)|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Bybit account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Click the user icon in the top right corner and select ‘API’.
- At the top right, click ‘Create New Key’.
- Keep the ‘API Transaction’ option selected. Give your key a name, and leave ‘Add Your API Address’ blank. Select ‘Orders and Positions’ for Key Permission, and check the ‘Read-Only’ box.
- Enter your 2FA code and click ‘Confirm’ to create the keys.
- Copy and paste your API Key and Private Key to Coinpanda.
The API keys created will automatically expire after 3 months. You will need to create new API keys after this period to sync new transactions to your Coinpanda wallet. If you get an error after syncing, please check that the API keys are still active before contacting Coinpanda support.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the ‘Closed PNL’ page.
- Click ‘Export’ in the top right corner.
- Repeat the previous step for all contracts you have traded by selecting a different currency in the dropdown menu.
- Next, select the ‘USDT’ tab and repeat the previous step. You need to do this also for ‘Inverse Futures’ if you have traded quarterly futures.
- Upload the CSV file(s) to Coinpanda.
Bybit hides the option to download the CSV file during some periods. If you cannot download the file, we recommend that you connect with API keys instead. Alternatively, try contacting Bybit customer support to get your complete Closed PNL history as a CSV file.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.