How to Report Your CEX.io Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with CEX.io to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for CEX.io
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from CEX.io to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from CEX.io today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your CEX.io account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the API page.
- Enable permissions for Account balance and Open orders only and click ‘Generate Key’.
- Copy your API key, API secret, and User ID to Coinpanda.
- Click ‘Activate’ next to your API key and check your email to activate the keys.
Deposits and withdrawals cannot be imported from the CEX.io API at this time. Please contact CEX.io customer support if you have questions about this.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Navigate to ‘Finance’ and then to ‘Transactions’.
- Set the filter to ‘All transaction types’ and select a date range containing all trades.
- Click ‘Download CSV’ at the bottom of the page.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.