Share this guide →
How to file taxes on Coinbase Pro
Coinpanda has direct integration with Coinbase Pro to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate required tax reports and forms easily.
Get started with your Coinbase Pro taxes
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API connection: connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready in less than 5 minutes.
- File upload: you can upload CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys.
- Add manual: you can always manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Coinbase Pro API connection
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Coinbase Pro account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Open the API page by clicking the user icon in the top right corner and then ‘API’.
- Click ‘+ New API Key’ button.
- Select ‘View’ in permissions.
- Copy your passphrase. You will only be able to see it before you create the key.
- Click ‘Create API Key’ and enter your 2FA if required.
- Copy your API key, API secret and passphrase to Coinpanda.
Coinbase Pro file upload
- Click ‘My Orders’ in the top header. Select ‘Filled’ orders.
- Click ‘Download Statement’ in the top right corner.
- Select ‘All’ for product.
- Set your start date on or before you started trading to include your entire trade history.
- Select ‘Format’ as CSV.
- Upload the file sent to your email address to Coinpanda.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.