Share this article →
How to Report Your Coinbase Pro Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Coinbase Pro to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Coinbase Pro
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Coinbase Pro to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Coinbase Pro today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Coinbase Pro account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Open the API page by clicking the user icon in the top-right corner and then ‘API’.
- Click ‘+ New API Key’ button.
- Give the keys a name and select ‘View’ in permissions.
- Copy your Passphrase. You will only be able to see it before you create the key.
- Click ‘Create API Key’ and enter your 2FA if required.
- Copy your API Key, API Secret, and Passphrase to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Click ‘Orders’ in the top header. Select ‘Filled’ orders.
- Click ‘Download statements’.
- Select ‘All Products’ in the Product dropdown.
- Set your start date on or before the date of your first trade to include your entire trade history.
- Select ‘CSV’ in the Format dropdown, and click ‘Generate Report’.
- Upload the file sent to your email address to Coinpanda.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.