Share this guide →
How to file taxes on Coinbase
Coinpanda has direct integration with Coinbase to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate required tax reports and forms easily.
Get started with your Coinbase taxes
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API connection: connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready in less than 5 minutes.
- File upload: you can upload CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys.
- Add manual: you can always manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Coinbase API connection
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Coinbase account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the Wallets page in the Coinpanda app, create a new Coinbase wallet, and click ‘Configure API’. Then click ‘Authorize with Coinbase’.
- You will be taken to Coinbase.com to authorize the connection.
- If prompted, log in to your Coinbase account.
- Click ‘Authorize’. You will now be connected to Coinbase with Coinpanda.
Coinbase file upload
- Go to the Tools page by hovering over the user icon in the top header and click ‘Tools’. On the next page, click ‘Reports’.
- Click the ‘Generate report’ button.
- Leave the default settings (All time, All assets, All transactions), or specify the report you want.
- Click ‘Generate Report’ for CSV report and click ‘Download’ when the file is ready.
- Upload the file to Coinpanda.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.