How to Report Your Coinbase Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Coinbase to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Coinbase
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly with API. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to connect your Coinbase account with Coinpanda and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Coinbase to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Coinbase today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Coinbase account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the Wallets page in the Coinpanda app, create a new Coinbase wallet, and click ‘Auto-sync data’.
- You will now be taken to Coinbase.com to authorize the connection.
- If prompted, log in to your Coinbase account.
- Click ‘Authorize’. You have now connected your Coinbase account with Coinpanda.
- Go to the newly created Coinbase wallet and click the blue ‘Sync Wallet’ button to import all transactions.
November 17th, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the Coinbase API integration. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your Coinbase wallet prior to this date.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the Reports page by clicking the user icon in the top header and click ‘Reports’.
- Click the ‘Generate report’ button.
- Leave the default settings (All time, All assets, All transactions), or specify the report you want.
- Click ‘Generate Report’ for CSV report and click ‘Download’ when the file is ready.
- Upload the file to Coinpanda.