How to Report Your CoinJar Exchange Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with CoinJar Exchange to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for CoinJar Exchange
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly with API. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to connect your CoinJar account with Coinpanda and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from CoinJar Exchange to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from CoinJar Exchange today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your CoinJar Exchange account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account, click the user icon in the top-right corner, then click ‘API Keys’.
- Click ‘Create New Key’.
- Give your key a name (ex: Coinpanda), select ‘read-only’, and click ‘Create Key’.
- Copy the ‘Secret Key’ to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Log in to your account, click the user icon in the top-right corner, then click ‘Fill History’.
- Click ‘Report’ and select a time-period that includes all your trades.
- Click ‘Generate Report’. The CSV file will be emailed to you shortly after.
- Upload the CSV file to Coinpanda after receiving it.
CoinJar Exchange does not allow exporting your deposit and withdrawal history. You will need to add these transactions manually if you are importing CSV files instead of using API import.