How to Report Your CoinJar Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with CoinJar to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for CoinJar
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly with API. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to connect your CoinJar account with Coinpanda and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from CoinJar to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from CoinJar today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your CoinJar account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the Wallets page in the Coinpanda app, create a new CoinJar wallet, and click ‘Auto-sync data’.
- You will now be taken to Coinjar.com to authorize the connection.
- If prompted, log in to your CoinJar account.
- Go to the newly created CoinJar wallet and click the blue ‘Sync Wallet’ button to import all transactions.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Log in to your CoinJar account and go to the Settings page.
- Click on ‘Reports & statements’ on the left side.
- Select ‘Transaction history statements’.
- Click on ‘Purchases & Sales’, select a time-period and click ‘Export CSV report’.
- Repeat the previous step also for ‘Deposits & Withdrawals’.
(you should not export the ‘Account statement’ file)
- Upload the CSV files to Coinpanda.