How to Report Your Daedalus Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Daedalus to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Daedalus
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using your public address. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades, deposits, and withdrawals automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your public address and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with the public address by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Daedalus account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Copy and paste your public ADA address into Coinpanda.
- Click the blue ‘Sync Wallet’ button to automatically import all your transactions.
December 17th, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the Cardano API integration which includes also stake addresses, token transfers, and NFTs. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your Cardano wallet prior to this date. This includes also Cardano wallets like Yoroi and Daedalus.
Stake key addresses
We accept only stake key addresses in BECH32 format starting with stake. Any other address formats will result in an error. You can find the BECH32 address using any Cardano block explorer.
Addresses starting with acct are currently not supported because of a limitation with the Cardano API. You will need to add each individual address for now. Support for xPub addresses will be added in the future if possible.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
There should be a button for exporting your entire wallet history in Daedalus as a CSV file. When you have this ready, simply import the file into Coinpanda to generate your tax report.
You can also import the staking rewards CSV file to Coinpanda!