How to Report Your Deribit Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Deribit to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Deribit
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Deribit to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Deribit today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Deribit account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Hover over your username at the top right, then click ‘My Account’ and ‘API’.
- Click ‘Add a new key’.
- Set all options to ‘read’, and enter a name if you want (like Coinpanda).
- Click the ‘Add a new key’ button to create the API keys.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret to Coinpanda.
Coinpanda will automatically aggregate all fees and funding payments to a single daily transaction. This is done to avoid importing thousands of small transactions of insignificant value which is often provided by the Deribit API. This means that you might see only 100 transactions on Coinpanda instead of 1,000 or 2,000 using another crypto tax platform. The resulting gain/loss will be exactly the same.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Click your username at the top right, then click ‘Transaction Log’.
- At the top right of the transactions list, click ‘Download logs’.
- Remember to download the CSV file for both Bitcoin and Ethereum. You can do this by first clicking either Bitcoin or Ethereum in the top left corner.
- Upload your CSV file(s) to Coinpanda.