Share this article →
How to Report Your FTX Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with FTX to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for FTX
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from FTX to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from FTX today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Trades (Spot)||coming soon|
|Trades (Futures)||coming soon|
|Realized PnL (Futures)||coming soon|
|Funding Payments (Futures)||coming soon|
|Rebase tokens (Ampleforth)||coming soon|
|Staking Rewards||coming soon|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your FTX account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Click on your email address in the top header, then ‘Settings’.
- Click the ‘API’ tab on the left side.
- Click ‘Create Read-Only API Key’.
- Copy the API Key and API Secret to Coinpanda.
Coinpanda has also support for FTX subaccounts! You will need to create a separate API key and FTX wallet on Coinpanda for each subaccount. The API key created for your main account will only sync data from this account.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
FTX does not currently allow exporting CSV files that can be used for tax purposes. You must therefore import all transactions using API as described above. The API will sync all your closed futures trades, funding costs and payments, spot trades, and leveraged tokens.
Please contact support if you have questions about importing transactions from FTX!
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.