Share this article →
How to Report Your Gemini Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Gemini to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Gemini
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Gemini account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings page by clicking ‘Account’ in the top-right corner and then ‘Settings’.
- Click the ‘API’ tab on the left side.
- Click the ‘Create a New API Key’ button.
- Select ‘Primary’ as Scope.
- In the API Key Settings, disable ‘Trading’ and enable ‘Auditor’.
- Copy your API Key and API Secret to Coinpanda.
- Click ‘Confirm’ once you have copied over the API information.
Gemini API is currently in beta. Please contact us in the Live Chat if you wish to gain access to this API integration. Note that beta integrations might not always sync properly.
Upload a XLSX file to Coinpanda
- Open the Balances page by clicking ‘Account’ in the top-right corner and then ‘Balances’.
- Select the ‘Trade History’ tab.
- Click on ‘Download History (xlsx)’.
- Upload your XLSX file to Coinpanda.
CSV import for this wallet is currently in beta phase which means you might experience some issues while importing your files. Please contact us the Live Chat if file import does not work for you.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.