Share this article →
How to Report Your Jaxx Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Jaxx Wallet to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Jaxx Wallet
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using your public address. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades, deposits, and withdrawals automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your public address and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with the public address by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
Unfortunately, Jaxx wallet doesn’t let you export your HD wallet (xPub) addresses. If at all possible, we recommend switching to any number of wallets that do allow this functionality. If that is not feasible, you can convert your mnemonic phrase to your HD wallet (xPub) address with the steps below.
WARNING! You’ll need your seed phrase which contains all the information necessary to generate your public and private keys. Please be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS with this information as if it is compromised, all your funds will be compromised too.
- Login to Jaxx Liberty
- Select the three-line menu (top right corner)
- For Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and Zcash wallets
- Select View Backup Phrase
- Check the It’s safe box and click View Backup Phrase
- Navigate to https://iancoleman.io/bip39
- Paste the Jaxx backup phrase into the BIP39 Mnemonic field
- Select Coin
- Select Tab BIP44
- Type “0” in External / Internal to get xPub for receive addresses
- Copy the BIP32 Extended Public Key
- Type “1” in External / Internal to get xPub for change addresses
- Copy BIP32 Extended Public Key
- Add the xPub address
- For all other coins:
- Select Display Private Keys
- Check the It’s safe box and click View Private Keys
- Select the relevant coin wallet (can repeat for multiple wallets)
- Copy public address(es). Do not copy private keys
- Find the relevant addresses for each transaction
- Copy each address
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
There should be a button for exporting your entire wallet history in Jaxx as a CSV file. When you have this ready, simply import the file into Coinpanda to generate your tax report.
CSV import for this wallet is currently in beta phase which means you might experience some issues while importing your files. Please contact us the Live Chat if file import does not work for you.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.