How to Report Your Kraken Futures Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Kraken Futures to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Kraken Futures
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Kraken Futures to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Kraken Futures today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Kraken Futures account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ page by clicking the icon in the left sidebar.
- Click the tab ‘API Keys’ on the left side.
- Select ‘Read Only’ for General API, and keep ‘No Access’ checked for Withdrawal API.
- Click the ‘Create Key’ button.
- Copy the ‘Public Key’ and ‘Private Key’ to Coinpanda.
Deposits, withdrawals, and funding costs are not available from the API. You will need to upload a CSV file to import these transactions.
Realized PnL from API is imported for closed positions only. If you import transactions from a CSV file, Realized PnL will be imported for every single fill such that the total number of transactions imported will be much higher.
Coinpanda will automatically aggregate all daily trading fees to a single transaction from the API. When importing transactions using CSV file upload, a separate fee for each fill will be imported to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the ‘Trade History’ page by clicking the icon in the left sidebar.
- Click the ‘Download All’ button at the bottom.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.