Share this article →
How to Report Your LocalBitcoins Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with LocalBitcoins to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for LocalBitcoins
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from LocalBitcoins to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from LocalBitcoins today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your LocalBitcoins account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Click the user icon in top-right corner, then ‘Settings’.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on ‘Manage Apps’ under the ‘Third-Party Applications’ section.
- Click on ‘New HMAC Authentication’.
- Type Coinpanda in the ‘Name’ field.
- Enable the ‘Read’ permission.
- Click ‘Create’.
- Under HMAC authentications you should see a new key with the name Coinpanda. Click on the name.
- Copy the API Key and API Secret to Coinpanda.
LocalBitcoins API is currently in beta. Please contact us in the Live Chat if you wish to gain access to this API integration. Note that beta integrations might not always sync properly.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the ‘Personal Data’ page on LocalBitcoins.
- Click on ‘Trade history’ to download the CSV file.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
You should only export the Trade history file, and not Transactions history.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.