Share this guide →
How to file taxes on LocalBitcoins
Coinpanda has direct integration with LocalBitcoins to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate required tax reports and forms easily.
Get started with your LocalBitcoins taxes
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API connection: connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready in less than 5 minutes.
- File upload: you can upload CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys.
- Add manual: you can always manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
LocalBitcoins API connection
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your LocalBitcoins account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings -> Advanced.
- Click on ‘Manage Apps’ under the ‘Third Party Applications’ section.
- Click on ‘New HMAC Authentication’.
- Type Coinpanda in the Name field.
- Enable the ‘Read’ permission
- Click ‘Create’
- Under HMAC authentications you should see a new key with the name Coinpanda. Click on the name.
- Copy the API Key and Secret to Coinpanda.
LocalBitcoins file upload
- Go to the Profiles Page on LocalBitcoins.
- Download ‘Trade history’ and ‘Transaction history’.
- Upload your CSV file(s) to Coinpanda.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.