How to Report Your MetaMask Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with MetaMask to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for MetaMask
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using your public address. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades, deposits, and withdrawals automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your public address and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with the public address by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your MetaMask account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Copy and paste your public address into Coinpanda.
- Click the blue ‘Sync Wallet’ button to automatically import all your transfers and token swaps.
Coinpanda currently supports the following networks:
- Binance Smart Chain
- Huobi ECO Chain
We are updating the API integration for MetaMask on a weekly basis due to the complexity of ETH and other EVM chains. If you suspect that one or more transactions were not imported correctly, deleting all transactions and reimporting might fix this issue.
If you see a transaction not imported correctly, please reach out to us so that we can look into it. We can usually fix any import errors within a few days!
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
There should be a button for exporting your entire wallet history in MetaMask as a CSV file. When you have this ready, simply import the file into Coinpanda to generate your tax report.
MetaMask does not support the export of the transaction history for ERC-20 and BEP-20 tokens as a CSV file at the moment. You need to use API sync to import token swaps and transfers.