Share this article →
How to Report Your MEXC Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with MEXC to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for MEXC
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from MEXC to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from MEXC today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your MEXC account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Click the user icon in the top-right corner, then click on ‘API’.
- Give ‘Read account permission‘ for your Spot account:
- Give ‘Read account permission‘ for your Futures account:
- Enter a name in the ‘Notes’ field (ex: Coinpanda), and leave the bind IP address field empty.
- Click ‘Create’ and enter the verification code sent to your email address and 2FA if required.
- Click ‘Confirm’ to create the keys.
- Copy your API keys to Coinpanda.
Your API keys are only valid for 90 days. You need to create new API keys after this period to run the API sync again.
June 16th, 2021 – Important message
The MEXC API seems to have major limitations such that no historical data is available for many users, which results in no transactions will be imported from the API. We are waiting for clarification regarding this from MEXC and will update later.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Click ‘Order’ in the top menu.
- Click on ‘Transaction history’.
- Select a trading pair (or select ALL) and a time period, then click ‘Refresh’.
- Click ‘Download’ to download the CSV file.
- Upload the CSV file to Coinpanda.
It seems like MEXC does not allow exporting the CSV file at this current time. Please contact MEXC support to request the CSV file if you need this.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.