Share this article →
How to Report Your OKEx Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with OKEx to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for OKEx
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from OKEx to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from OKEx today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your OKEx account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Hover over the user icon and click ‘API’.
- Click ‘Create V3 API Key’.
- Give your API key a name and Passphrase.
- Leave ‘Read’ checked. ‘Withdraw’ and ‘Trade’ should be unchecked.
- Click ‘Get code’ to receive an SMS code to your phone.
- Enter the code and click ‘Confirm’.
- Click ‘View’ and enter your Passphrase and SMS code to view the API keys.
- Copy your API Key, API Secret and Passphrase to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Hover over ‘Trade’ in the header menu and click on ‘Spot’.
- Click ‘Spot account history’ in the left menu.
- Click ‘Download’ and select your desired time range.
- Click ‘Export’ and wait for the file to be ready (it can take 5-10 minutes).
- When the file is ready, click ‘Download’ to save the file to your computer.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
OKEx offers only trade history for the past 3 months. If you have transactions older than that, please contact OKEx customer support to get the complete transaction history. You can import the historical transactions Excel file to Coinpanda as well.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.