Share this article →
How to Report Your Solana Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Solana to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Solana
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using your public address. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades, deposits, and withdrawals automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your public address and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with public address by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
Coinpanda will automatically sync all transactions from a public address you add. In most cases, you will find your public address after logging in to your wallet. All you have to do is simply copy and paste the address into Coinpanda, and all transactions will be imported automatically!
December 3rd, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the Solana API integration. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your Solana wallet prior to this date.
Solana is a very complex L1 chain and the ecosystem is just starting to get built out. This means that it exists a very limited number of third-party services like API providers as of right now which Coinpanda relies on to import the blockchain data. Please be aware of this:
• Only SOL and SPL transfers can be imported now
• Smart contract calls affecting your SOL balance cannot be imported now, but we will add support for this as soon as we can in the future.
• The API does not provide adequate data about complex transactions such as liquidity mining and other DeFi related transactions.
• The API does not provide correct details such as ticker symbols for all tokens. This means that you might need to manually update the ticker for some transactions imported on the Transactions page.
We are keeping a close eye on the development of the entire Solana ecosystem and will update our integration regularly as the API services are getting built out and improved upon.
Upload a XLSX/CSV file to Coinpanda
You can also add transactions by uploading a generic Excel file. We support both XLSX and CSV formats. Please follow the steps described in this guide.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.