How to Report Your Bithumb Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Bithumb to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Bithumb
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Bithumb to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Bithumb today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Bithumb account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Click the menu icon to open the full menu, then click ‘API Management’ found under the ‘Account MGMT’ section.
- In the API activation section, activate permissions for ‘Member wallet information’ and ‘Member trade log’. Leave the fields for IP restrictions empty.
- Enter your security password and the verification number sent to your phone number.
- Click ‘Create API KEY’.
- Copy your API key and API secret to Coinpanda.
- The last step is to activate your API Keys by clicking the ‘Activation’ button on the Bithumb API page.
Note that Bithumb only allows for data export for the past 30 days from their API. If you have transactions from before that date, you will need to upload a CSV file with older transactions as well.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Log in to your Bithumb account, click ‘Wallet’ in the top menu, then click ‘Trade History’.
- Click the ‘Download’ button.
- Select ‘180 Days’ and keep ‘All’ activated.
- Click ‘Download’ to download your file.
- Upload your XLSX file to Coinpanda.
Note that Bithumb only allows for data export for the past 6 months. If you have transactions from before that date, try contacting Bithumb customer support for a full historical XLSX file. You can import the historical transactions to Coinpanda as well.