Share this article →
How to Report Your BitMEX Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with BitMEX to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for BitMEX
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from BitMEX to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from BitMEX today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your BitMEX account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Open the BitMEX API page by first clicking your account name (email) in the top right corner. Then, click ‘Account & Security’, and on the left sidebar, click ‘API Keys’.
- Give your key a name, leave ‘CIDR’ and ‘Key Permissions’ blank, and ‘Withdraw’ unchecked.
- Click ‘Create API Key’.
- Copy your ‘ID’ and ‘Secret’ to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the BitMEX wallet page.
- To the right of where it says ‘Wallet’, click ‘Save as CSV’.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
Please note that you should NOT download CSV file from the ‘Trade History’ and ‘Order History’ page on BitMEX. These files are not supported and cannot be uploaded.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.