How to Report Your Bittrex Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Bittrex to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Bittrex
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Bittrex to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Bittrex today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Bittrex account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Account’ and then click on the ‘API Keys’ tab.
- Click ‘Add new key’.
- Enable only the ‘READ INFO’ permission for the new API key.
- Click ‘Save’ and enter your 2FA if required.
- Copy your API Key and API Secret to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Click on ‘Orders’ in the top header to see your Bittrex transaction history.
- Click ‘Download History’. You must export CSV files for each year that you have traded on Bittrex.
- Upload your CSV file(s) to Coinpanda.
Bittrex does not support the export of the deposits and withdrawals history. You will need to add these manually if you don’t import using API.