Share this article →
How to Report Your Kraken Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Kraken to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Kraken
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Kraken to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Kraken today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Realized PnL (Margin)|
Have you traded futures/derivatives on Kraken? See our guide to Kraken Futures here: https://coinpanda.io/integrations/kraken-futures/
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Kraken account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the API keys page by clicking your username at the top right corner, then ‘Settings’, and select the ‘API’ tab.
- Click ‘Add key’, and enter Coinpanda in the ‘Key description’ field on the next page.
- Enable permissions for the following:
– Query Funds
– Query Closed Orders & Trades
– Query Ledger Entries
- Click ‘Generate key’.
- Copy your API Key and Private Key to Coinpanda.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Click ‘History’ in the top bar on the Kraken dashboard page.
- Click the ‘Export’ tab.
- From the dropdown, select ‘Ledgers’. Then select your time range.
- Click ‘Select All’ to select all fields.
- Click ‘Submit’ and then download the CSV file when ready.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
CSV import for this wallet is currently in beta phase which means you might experience some issues while importing your files. Please contact us the Live Chat if file import does not work for you.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.