Share this article →
How to Report Your KuCoin Futures Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with KuCoin Futures to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for KuCoin Futures
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret + passphrase) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from KuCoin Futures to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from KuCoin Futures today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your KuCoin Futures account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the KuCoin Futures API page:
- Click ‘Create API’.
- Enter a name and a passphrase (remember to write down the passphrase).
- Make sure that only ‘General’ is activated for permissions. Click ‘Next’.
- Enter your trading password, email verification code, and 2FA, and click ‘Confirm’.
- Copy your API keys and the passphrase created earlier to Coinpanda.
Only transactions after January 1st, 2021 will be imported by default. Please contact Coinpanda support if you have transactions older than that.
Please note that the Realized P&L imported from the API is the total amount of Realized P&L of closed positions and funding costs within the last 8 hours. Due to this, separate transactions for each funding payment and closed position may not be imported, but the net gain/loss (wallet balance change) will still be accurate.
Coinpanda aggregates automatically all daily trading fees for each currency to a single transaction. Therefore, you will see only one Send (Margin Trading Fee) transaction per settlement currency even if you have made 50 trades in a single day.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Log in to your account and go to the ‘Transaction History’ page:
- Select a time period and keep ‘ALL’ selected for Type.
- Click ‘Save as CSV’ to download the file.
- Upload the CSV file to Coinpanda.
You can also import the ‘PNL History’ and ‘Funding History’ CSV files instead of the ‘Transaction History’ CSV file.
Note that KuCoin only allows for data export for the past 90 days for some users. If you cannot export transactions older than that, try contacting KuCoin customer support for a full historical CSV file. You can import the historical transactions to Coinpanda as well.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.