How to Report Your KuCoin Futures Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with KuCoin Futures to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for KuCoin Futures
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret + passphrase) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from KuCoin Futures to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from KuCoin Futures today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your KuCoin Futures account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the KuCoin Futures API page:
- Click ‘Create API’.
- Enter a name and a passphrase (remember to write down the passphrase).
- Make sure that only ‘General’ is activated for permissions. Click ‘Next’.
- Enter your trading password, email verification code, and 2FA, and click ‘Confirm’.
- Copy your API keys and the passphrase created earlier to Coinpanda.
November 29th, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the KuCoin Futures API integration. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your wallet prior to this date.
It is important to be aware that the Realized P&L imported from the API is the total amount of Realized P&L of closed positions *and* funding costs and trading fees within the last 8 hours. Due to this, separate transactions for each funding payment and closed positions may not be imported, but the net gain/loss (wallet balance change) will still be 100% accurate.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Log in to your account and go to the ‘Transaction History’ page:
- Select a time period and keep ‘ALL’ selected for Type.
- Click ‘Save as CSV’ to download the file.
- Upload the CSV file to Coinpanda.
You can also import the ‘PNL History’ and ‘Funding History’ CSV files instead of the ‘Transaction History’ CSV file.
Note that KuCoin only allows for data export for the past 90 days for some users. If you cannot export transactions older than that, try contacting KuCoin customer support for a full historical CSV file. You can import the historical transactions to Coinpanda as well.