Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from KuCoin Margin to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from KuCoin Margin today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Internal KuCoin transfers|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys or the ability to move your funds.
To add your KuCoin Margin account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the API page by hovering over the user icon at the top right and clicking ‘API Management’.
- Click ‘Create API’.
- Give your API key a name and ‘Passphrase’. The Passphrase will not be shown again so remember to write it down.
- Enter your trading password, email verification code, and Google verification code.
- Enable only the ‘General’ permission. Select ‘No limit’ for IP limit.
- Copy your API Key, API Secret, and Passphrase to Coinpanda.
Please note that KuCoin does not provide accurate data for all margin transactions. We encourage you to check and verify all transactions imported carefully to make sure that your tax report is as accurate as possible. Please contact us in the live chat if you believe one or more transactions are missing and/or imported incorrectly.
Secondly, calculating taxes for margin trading on KuCoin is not only very complex, but it is also not clarified from a legal or tax perspective how margin trading including borrowing coins and repaying loans actually should be reported and how it affects the tracking of cost basis. Due to these reasons, we do not guarantee that our interpretation of how to handle margin trading on KuCoin for tax purposes is in fact correct. If you are in doubt, we highly encourage you to contact a tax professional in your country for advice before reporting the calculations provided by us.