Share this article →
How to Report Your NiceHash Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with NiceHash to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for NiceHash
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from NiceHash to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from NiceHash today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your NiceHash account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the NiceHash website and log in to your account
- Click the ‘Create New API Key’ button on the API page
- Enter a name in the ‘App Name’ field. For example ‘Coinpanda’
- Click first ‘Select None’ to deactivate all permissions, then activate only the following permissions:
- ‘Wallet Permissions’ → ‘View balances, wallet activities and deposit addresses’
- ‘Market place Permissions’ → ‘View hashpower orders’
- ‘Exchange Permissions’ → ‘View exchange orders’
- ‘Mining Permissions’ → ‘View mining data and statistics’
- ‘User Management & Security Permissions’ → ‘View users’
- Make sure that the box ‘API Key never expires’ is ticked off
- Click the ‘Generate API Key’ button
- Enter your 2FA code if asked
- Copy your ‘API Key Code’ and ‘API Secret Key Code’ to Coinpanda
- Tick off the box and click ‘Activate API key now’
- Enter the email verification code if asked and click ‘Activate’
- The final step is to copy the ‘Organization ID’ found above the list of API keys and save it to Coinpanda
The NiceHash API has some known limitations. In some cases, not all of the historical mining transactions will be imported after the sync has completed. We recommend that you upload CSV files instead if this happens.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
There should be a button for exporting your entire transaction history as a CSV file after logging in to NiceHash. When you have this ready, simply import the file into Coinpanda to generate your tax report.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.