Share this article →
How to Report Your Poloniex Futures Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Poloniex Futures to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Poloniex Futures
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret + passphrase) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Poloniex Futures to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Poloniex Futures today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Poloniex Futures account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the Futures API keys page by clicking ‘Settings’ > ‘Profile’ and then ‘Futures API Keys’ in the top menu.
- Enter a name for your keys (ex: Coinpanda)
- Enter a passphrase, then click ‘Create’. Remember to write down the passphrase since you will not be able to see this again later.
- If required, enter the email verification code + 2FA code
- Keep permissions for ‘General’ activated (default).
- Copy the API Key, Secret Key and Passphrase created earlier to Coinpanda.
Only transactions after January 1st, 2021 will be imported by default. Please contact Coinpanda support if you have transactions older than that.
Please note that the Realized P&L imported from the API is the total amount of Realized P&L of closed positions and funding costs within the last 8 hours. Due to this, separate transactions for each funding payment and closed position may not be imported, but the net gain/loss (wallet balance change) will still be accurate.
Coinpanda aggregates automatically all daily trading fees for each currency to a single transaction. Therefore, you will see only one Send (Margin Trading Fee) transaction per settlement currency even if you have made 50 trades in a single day.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Log in to your account and go to the ‘Transaction History’ page:
- Select a time period and click ‘Export CSV’ to download the file.
- Upload your CSV file to Coinpanda.
You can also import the ‘PNL History’ and ‘Funding History’ CSV files instead of the ‘Transaction History’ CSV file.
Note that Poloniex only allows for data export for the past 90 days for some users. If you cannot export transactions older than that, try contacting Poloniex customer support for a full historical CSV file. You can import the historical transactions to Coinpanda as well.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.