Share this article →
How to Report Your Poloniex Taxes
Coinpanda has direct integration with Poloniex to simplify tracking your trades and tax reporting. Calculate your taxes and generate all required tax reports and forms easily.
Prepare your tax forms for Poloniex
There are a few ways you can import your transactions to Coinpanda:
- API import: Connect your account directly using API keys. This is the simplest way to synchronize all your trades and transactions automatically. Simply follow the steps below to get your API keys (key + secret) and your tax forms will be ready shortly.
- File upload: You can also upload a CSV/Excel file instead of connecting your account with API keys by following the steps explained below.
- Add manual: The last option is to manually add transactions one by one from the Transactions page. This is only recommended if you have very few transactions.
Remember also to tag your transactions if you have received airdrops, forks or staking rewards!
Supported transaction types
It is important that you import all transactions from Poloniex to Coinpanda to calculate your taxes accurately. Coinpanda supports the following transaction types from Poloniex today:
|Tx Type||API import||CSV file upload|
|Airdrops, rewards, bonuses|
Import trades automatically with API
We are only requesting view permissions. This does not give us access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds.
To add your Poloniex account to Coinpanda, follow these steps:
- Go to the API keys page by clicking ‘Settings’ in the top menu and then ‘API Keys’.
- Click the ‘Create New Key’ button.
- Enter your 2FA code if necessary.
- Check your email for a verification link from Poloniex.
- Uncheck ‘Enable Trading’ and ‘Enable Withdrawals’. Set IP access restriction to ‘Unrestricted’.
- Copy your API Key and API Secret to Coinpanda.
November 2nd, 2021 – Important message
We have recently completed a major upgrade to the Poloniex API integration. Because of these major changes, we highly recommend reimporting all transactions if you have synced your Poloniex wallet prior to this date.
Coinpanda will import a single transaction for each completed order instead of individual trade transactions. This is done to make it easier to verify the accuracy of the transactions imported and to reduce the total calculation time. You will therefore see fewer transactions imported into your Coinpanda account compared to other similar tax platforms or portfolio trackers.
Upload a CSV file to Coinpanda
- Go to the Trade History page by clicking ‘Activity’ in the top menu and then ‘Trades’.
- Click on ‘Export’ (top right corner).
- Choose ‘Trade’ and your desired date range.
- Click ‘Download’.
- Repeat the above steps also for ‘Deposits’, ‘Withdrawals’, and ‘Distributions’.
- Upload your CSV file(s) to Coinpanda.
Should you have any further questions, please contact support:
See it for yourself
Sign up for free. Calculate your taxes in less than 15 minutes.